Find a roofer in Palm Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Palm Beach, FL. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Palm Beach, FloridaHome // Florida // Palm Beach
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Palm Beach, FL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Palm Beach, FL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to hire the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.