Find a roofer in Palm Bay, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Florida // Palm Bay
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe to get a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Palm Bay, FL. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
When should my roof be evaluated?
Many roofing professionals recommend biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
At what cost will a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What should I budget for roof repair expenses?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Palm Bay, FL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Palm Bay, FL. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.