Find a roofer in Oxford, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Florida // Oxford
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal period of time for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
When is the best time to arrange for a roof inspection?
Many roofing professionals recommend biannual roof inspections since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the normal cost of roof replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected price to fix my roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Oxford, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Oxford, Florida. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.