Find a roofer in Ocala, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Ocala, FloridaHome // Florida // Ocala
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Ocala, FL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Ocala, FL. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.