Find a roofer in North Port, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in North Port, FL. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near North Port, FloridaHome // Florida // North Port
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near North Port, FL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in North Port, FL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.