Find a roofer in North Palm Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in North Palm Beach, FL. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near North Palm Beach, FloridaHome // Florida // North Palm Beach
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in North Palm Beach, FL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in North Palm Beach, FL. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in North Palm Beach, FL. Get the roofing services you need for your home now.