Find a roofer in Newberry, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time for an appointment.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Newberry, Florida
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Newberry, Florida, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.