Find a roofer in New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near New Smyrna Beach, FloridaHome // Florida // New Smyrna Beach
Roofing Maintenance Companies near New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.