Find a roofer in Molino, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Molino, FL. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Molino, FL
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Molino, FL. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.