Find a roofer in Minneola, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Minneola, FloridaHome // Florida // Minneola
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Minneola, FL
When you need roofing maintenance services in Minneola, FL, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.