Find a roofer in Miami Gardens, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Miami Gardens, Florida. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Miami Gardens, Florida
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Miami Gardens, Florida. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Miami Gardens, Florida. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property right away.