Find a roofer in Melbourne Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Melbourne Beach, Florida. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Melbourne Beach, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Melbourne Beach, Florida. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Melbourne Beach, Florida. Find the right contractor for your property right away.