Find a roofer in Marathon, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
During which season should I book an appointment for roofing services?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofing contractor's services?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the usual duration for a roof replacement?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
At what point should I think about getting a roof inspection done?
Many roofing professionals advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Marathon, Florida
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Marathon, Florida. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.