Find a roofer in Malabar, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Malabar, Florida
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Malabar, Florida. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Malabar, Florida. Find the right contractor for your house now.