Find a roofer in Lecanto, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is the perfect season for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
How much do most roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the typical duration for a roof rebuild?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
When should I get a roof inspection?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Lecanto, FL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Lecanto, FL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.