Find a roofer in Lawtey, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Lawtey, Florida. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Lawtey, Florida
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lawtey, Florida, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lawtey, Florida. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.