Find a roofer in Largo, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Largo, FloridaRoofing // Florida // Largo
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual duration to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Largo, Florida. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
At which point should I consider getting an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofers suggest biannual roof inspections since regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What cost can be expected for roof maintenance services?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Largo, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Largo, Florida. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.