Find a roofer in Land O Lakes, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Land O Lakes, FloridaHome // Florida // Land O Lakes
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Land O Lakes, FL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Land O Lakes, FL. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our powerful app, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Land O Lakes, FL. Find the right contractor for your property now.