Find a roofer in Lanark Village, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Lanark Village, Florida. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lanark Village, FloridaHome // Florida // Lanark Village
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Lanark Village, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Lanark Village, Florida. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.