Find a roofer in Lakeland, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lakeland, FloridaRoofing // Florida // Lakeland
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I schedule to have roofers come out?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal cost per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional can approximate the hours for the job.
When is the best time to get my roof evaluated?
Most roofers suggest biannual roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Lakeland, FL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Lakeland, FL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.