Find a roofer in Lakeland, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lakeland, FloridaHome // Florida // Lakeland
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Lakeland, Florida
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Lakeland, Florida. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lakeland, Florida. Get the roofing services you need for your home today.