Find a roofer in Lake Mary, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lake Mary, FloridaRoofing // Florida // Lake Mary
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe to build a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Lake Mary, Florida. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can come up with the hours for the job.
When is the best time to get a roof inspection?
Most roofing contractors suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the typical rate charged by roofers for a replacement project?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What costs are affiliated with repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Lake Mary, Florida
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Lake Mary, Florida. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.