Find a roofer in Keystone Heights, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Keystone Heights, FL
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Keystone Heights, FL. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to hire the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.