Find a roofer in Key West, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for services.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Key West, FL
When you need roofing maintenance services in Key West, FL, there's no better way to find them. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.