Find a roofer in Kenansville, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Kenansville, FloridaHome // Florida // Kenansville
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Kenansville, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Kenansville, Florida. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.