Find a roofer in Inlet Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Inlet Beach, FL. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Inlet Beach, FL
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Inlet Beach, FL, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.