Find a roofer in Indialantic, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Indialantic, Florida. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Indialantic, Florida
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Indialantic, Florida, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.