Find a roofer in Holiday, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Holiday, FL. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Holiday, FloridaHome // Florida // Holiday
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Holiday, FL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Holiday, FL. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Holiday, FL. Find the right contractor for your property now.