Find a roofer in Hobe Sound, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal cost charged by roofing professionals for a roof replacement project?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the expected expenditure for roof maintenance services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the typical rate per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Roofing services can cost about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the typical period of time to rebuild a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Hobe Sound, FL. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Hobe Sound, FL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Hobe Sound, FL. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to find the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.