Find a roofer in Hobe Sound, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Hobe Sound, FloridaHome // Florida // Hobe Sound
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Hobe Sound, FL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Hobe Sound, FL. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.