Find a roofer in Hawthorne, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Hawthorne, Florida
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Hawthorne, Florida, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.