Find a roofer in Graham, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Graham, FL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Graham, FL. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.