Find a roofer in Glen Saint Mary, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Glen Saint Mary, FL
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Glen Saint Mary, FL. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.