Find a roofer in Geneva, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Geneva, Florida. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Geneva, FloridaHome // Florida // Geneva
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Geneva, Florida
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Geneva, Florida. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Geneva, Florida. Find the right contractor for your house right away.