Find a roofer in Gainesville, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
How much should I estimate for rooftop maintenance?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
How much should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Of course, how expensive it will be will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time needed for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Gainesville, FL. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Gainesville, FL
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Gainesville, FL. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to hire the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.