Find a roofer in Gainesville, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the usual duration for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the project.
What is the appropriate time to book an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the usual price for replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What are the usual costs affiliated with fixing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Gainesville, FL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Gainesville, FL. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Gainesville, FL. Find the right contractor for your house now.