Find a roofer in Fort Pierce, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Fort Pierce, FloridaHome // Florida // Fort Pierce
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Fort Pierce, FL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Fort Pierce, FL. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Fort Pierce, FL. Find the right contractor for your home right away.