Find a roofer in Fort Myers, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What time of year is good for a roof job?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe to build a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate the hours for the job.
When is the best time to get a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Fort Myers, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Fort Myers, Florida. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.