Find a roofer in Fort Myers, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Fort Myers, Florida. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Fort Myers, Florida
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Fort Myers, Florida, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.