Find a roofer in Elkton, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Elkton, Florida. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Elkton, Florida
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Elkton, Florida. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.