Find a roofer in Dunedin, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Dunedin, FloridaHome // Florida // Dunedin
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Dunedin, FL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Dunedin, FL. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Dunedin, FL. Get the roofing services you need for your home today.