Find a roofer in Delray Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Delray Beach, Florida. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Delray Beach, FloridaHome // Florida // Delray Beach
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Delray Beach, Florida
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Delray Beach, Florida. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.