Find a roofer in Dania, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Dania, FL. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Dania, FloridaHome // Florida // Dania
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Dania, FL
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Dania, FL, there's no better way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to hire the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.