Find a roofer in Cocoa, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Cocoa, FloridaHome // Florida // Cocoa
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Cocoa, FL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Cocoa, FL. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Cocoa, FL. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.