Find a roofer in Clarksville, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Clarksville, Florida. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Clarksville, Florida
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Clarksville, Florida. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Clarksville, Florida. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house now.