Find a roofer in Chipley, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Chipley, FL. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Chipley, FL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Chipley, FL. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to find the best companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.