Find a roofer in Cape Coral, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Cape Coral, FL. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Cape Coral, FL
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Cape Coral, FL. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Cape Coral, FL. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.