Find a roofer in Bristol, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Bristol, Florida. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Bristol, FloridaHome // Florida // Bristol
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Bristol, Florida
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Bristol, Florida. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Bristol, Florida. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.