Find a roofer in Branford, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Branford, Florida
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Branford, Florida. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.