Find a roofer in Bowling Green, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Bowling Green, FloridaHome // Florida // Bowling Green
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Bowling Green, Florida
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Bowling Green, Florida. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Bowling Green, Florida. Find the right contractor for your property now.